Administrative Services Coordinator - Ophthalmology Administration - #4106200
The University of Iowa
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences is seeking a 100% Administrative Services Coordinator (PAA1; 2B). The Administrative Services Coordinator (ASC) – Ophthalmology Administration provides administrative support for senior leadership in the Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, performing administrative, event planning, and financial tasks requiring recurring contact with deans, directors, department heads, upper-level executives, public and private officials, along with the general public, patients/families, faculty, and staff. Key duties include:
- Maintain effective working relationships with and serve as primary contact for department members, faculty, staff, students, donors and the public concerning inquiries or complaints requiring interpretation of policies, procedures and programs for the department.
- Serve as the primary contact point for development, administrative assistance, expertise in departmental educational, research, community/regional/statewide/national organizations, service, and health care programs and conferences.
- Evaluate requests and exercise discretion and judgment in providing confidential information to appropriate parties.
- Answer phone calls and in person inquiries to Ophthalmology administration, addressing concerns or directing questions to designated parties as appropriate.
- Address miscellaneous internal and external requests directed to Ophthalmology administration in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Maintain department wide informational lists and databases as needed.
- Manage and coordinate departmental office supply ordering.
- Sort, distribute, and process incoming and outgoing mail and other deliveries for the department.
- Demonstrate an ability to execute administrative tasks/decisions independently, effectively, and efficiently in support of individuals, and/or teams.
- Cross train in the duties of the Administrative Services Coordinator to the Department Chair in order to provide backup coverage to this team member as well as other Administrative Services Coordinators during absences and other events.
- May develop and revise departmental informational materials for distribution on behalf of senior leadership.
- May obtain, tabulate and analyze data to prepare periodic and special reports.
- May serve as member of internal and external committees and workgroups as directed.
- Perform other duties assigned.
EVENT PLANNING SUPPORT
- Obtain and synthesize data, prepare agendas, and program details.
- Coordinate meetings, site visits, monthly forums, teleconferences and videoconferences and special events as requested.
- Manage complex schedules for senior leadership as needed, utilizing judgment in determining meeting needs, discretion related to calendar activities, prioritization of appointments and synthesizing multiple electronic calendar systems.
- Manage itineraries and travel arrangements for senior leadership and other visitors as needed.
- Coordinate and/or assist with departmental, educational, clinical, research and fundraising events. Participate on committees as requested.
- Support the Constituent Relations Specialist specifically with event planning tasks related to the annual Iowa Eye event, ongoing clinical conferences, etc.
- Initiate, manage and reconcile departmental procurement card transactions.
- Prepare departmental bank deposits as needed.
- May assist with initiating eVouchers, PReqs, and internal requisition forms.
- May initiate, review, and approve financial transactions pertinent to departmental event planning and in consultation with department Finance Manager.
HUMAN RESOURCES SUPPORT
- Exercise general knowledge of policies and procedures in order to provide basic initial guidance in the absence of the department HR Manager. Demonstrate ability to elevate issues to appropriate leadership and department HR as needed.
- Provide assistance in pre-boarding and onboarding new faculty members.
- May contribute to special HR related projects or tasks as assigned.
- Compose and manage related communications including licensure, letters, patient correspondence, emails, posters and mailings, requiring a high level of confidentiality, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Assist in the coordination/preparation/implementation of strategic plans in support of the faculty, administrative suite, staff, and learners as requested.
- May assist in coordinating on site faculty interviews as requested by search committee chairs.
- May receive, review, and prepare complex incoming patient records for distribution to subspecialty areas to assist in patient triage.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00a-5:00p
Location: UIHC, Iowa City
Pay Level: 2B
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year experience working in an administrative position with high volume inquiries (phone, e-mail, in-person) utilizing strong, professional customer service and multitasking skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs, problems and potential issues and use judgment, foresight and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot, recommend and implement solutions.
- Demonstrate careful attention to detail and accuracy, strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and effectively, proactively establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required including ability to compose communications and grammatically correct documents in a concise, logical and organized manner.
- Proficient in computer software applications including Microsoft Office Programs.
- Valid US driver’s license and eligibility to operate motor vehicles under university standards.
- Three years+ administrative support experience in a healthcare and collegiate setting.
- Three years+ support experience with multiple calendar and scheduling management.
- Experience planning and/or organizing meetings and group events.
- Experience with purchasing and receiving of resources & supplies.
- Knowledge of University of Iowa policies and procedures.
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload current CV, desirable cover letter and (3) references (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
If you have any questions, please contact Tammy Boehme at 319-356-1138 or [email protected]
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on date of closing.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization