Lead - I-Beam - IowaSG - #4106199
Scope of Responsibility: The purpose of this position is act as a working lead and a liaison between Sabre Galvanizing leadership and employees by leading the department to accomplish specific production goals while working safely and conscientious of quality. Under the direction of the supervisor, the lead person provides training, guidance and direction to assigned employees in an efficient, clean, safe and cost-effective manner in order to achieve the goals and key performance metrics in line with the organization’s objectives.
- Oversee the production of 5-10 employees and manage job orders while completing tasks promptly
- Ensure all products meet Sabre quality requirements, minimize downtime, and promote efficiency and uptime
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Must use good judgment, follow instructions and have good problem-solving abilities.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong ability to multi-task.
- Trains employees to efficiently and safely operate the saw, punch equipment, forklift and other equipment as required.
- Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs and effectiveness of work.
- Record number of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets
- Runs, maneuvers, navigates or drives heavy equipment or mechanized equipment in finishing area, such as forklifts, cranes/overhead cranes, trucks, etc.
- Inform Supervisor of any quality concerns and inform Maintenance on any and all equipment failures and concerns.
- Counts, weighs or measures outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, forklifts, or other equipment.
- Transports heavy equipment and materials.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Inspect all lifting equipment prior to use (forklifts, monorails, etc).
- Inspect all material before galvanizing to insure material meets all Sabre Safety guidelines and procedures.
- Enforce established housekeeping standards.
- Regular, consistent and timely attendance is required
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Management.
- Prior manufacturing experience highly preferred.
- Experience using forklifts required.
- Must be able to obtain SG Forklift Certification.
- Prior Lead/Supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility highly preferred
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
- Must have knowledge and demonstrate compliance of all safety guidelines.
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- Ability to plan, organize, pay attention to details and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication skills, including reading, writing and speaking English
- Ability to work well with people in a number of positions
- Ability to identify, define and resolve problems
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
- Must be able to work in an outside manufacturing environment for long shifts, including weekends.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources.
Sabre Wide Cultural Elements:
- Integrity- We are integrous. We build trust and respect every day and it is the foundational value we stand tall on.
- Commitment – We stay committed. We empower each other to take ownership of our goals and we execute together.
- Innovation- We remain innovative. It’s in our nature to deliver the highest quality and best in class solutions.
- Connection- We are connected. We connect our diverse cultures and will continue to connect the inclusive communities we serve.
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity